Why hire L.A. union singers?
As budgets get smaller and project deadlines come sooner, you need singers who will be fast, efficient, and give you exactly the performance you need. From hip hop to opera, jazz to Tuvan throat singing, Los Angeles union singers constitute the most versatile and experienced pool of session singers in the world. Hiring local L.A. union talent gets you:
- Great results! SAG-AFTRA singers are professionals who work regularly on film, television, commercial, and video game scores in situations where excellent sight-reading and musicianship are the norm. They are extremely quick, efficient, and professional.
- Save money! Frequently, recording SAG-AFTRA singers will save you money through their efficiency and flexible wage scales, according to the budget of the project.
- Walk to work! You can record locally with maximum convenience, personal contact with your performers, and very little lead time, as well as in the best recording facilities in the world, where any technical issues are dealt with in record time.
- No surprise costs! Union wage scales allow for quick and accurate budget projections, with no obligation. That’s part of the service your SAG-AFTRA vocal contractor is happy to provide. Any union singer you know can be a vocal contractor. Be sure to check out our FAQ page to find out more.
- Make it YOUR way! Recording cover songs or original music with union singers, instead of licensing stock music, allows you to tailor your music to fit your medium. In many cases, it will save you money and give you more creative options.
- No haggling! You will be working with an agreement with known terms that already address issues before they arise, and with people who know how the agreements work.
- Make friends! You can establish and nurture strong, loyal career relationships that will yield benefits beyond any one project.
All this right in your backyard! Chances are, you’re already hooked into this amazing network of talented people. If you know a union singer, talk to them!
Also, take a look at our FAQ page. It has lots of useful info to get you informed quickly and on your way to making great music.
You can also phone the SAG-AFTRA Singer’s Department (323) 549-6864 for assistance. In no time, you’re ready to go.
Don’t take our word for it…
The talent pool here is the best in the world… and for twenty years has been one of the primary reasons WBM is able to execute such a high quality product to our ad clients. I couldn’t do my job anywhere else with the same results.
– Scott Wojahn / Wojahn Brothers Music (Commercials for Ford, Home Depot, & Taco Bell)
Commercial Music Producer/Composer
….no matter what I put in front of them, perfection is what comes back at me. Every composer in the world should be as lucky as I have been… to hear my music emit from the golden throats of SAG singers.
– Marc Shaiman (South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut)
….for Assassin’s Creed 2… this was the highest quality choir performance I have been a part of. We had a lot of material to go through and everything was delivered on schedule and within budget.
– Jesper Kyd (Darksiders II)
Video Games/TV Composer
I’ve often been fortunate enough to enjoy the talents of SAG & AFTRA singers on my projects. The musicality, quick sight-reading skills, and emotive gifts of these artists, in all of the varied styles of music we composers need, have been invaluable to me.
– Jeff Beal (House of Cards)